Re: Setup

Robert Collins wrote:
> I have emailed trying to start a discussion on this at least twice. My
> contention is that this is a factor for setup.ini to take care of, not
> setup.exe. It's easier to add entries than have complex logic for
> removing them when they aren't appropriate.

So what you're saying is just looking at Current vs Previous - if there was no
setup.ini entry for current and there was only an entry for previous then with
the default display set to current the selected default action for the
theoretical package would be uninstall (just as I saw on the Test) - correct?

And in addition if as a maintainer I didn't want this to happen then I should
make sure I have a prev,curr and test in setup.ini even if they all are the
same file name.

This bears the question (if my previous assumption is correct) what if my
setup.ini has a prev, curr, and test file defined but I am doing an "Install
from Local Directory" and the test version does not exist on my system.  I
would assume that since I defined a test and even though is does not exist that
my default action would be keep - true?

bk