Re: TCP Wrappers

Prentis Brooks wrote:

> Alright,
> 	finally read over the setup.html file and built up the src and binary
> packages.  Writing up the setup.hint file now.  I have the following:
>
> # TCP Wrappers
> @ tcp_wrappers_7.6

This line is not necessary -- it is created in setup.ini by the upset
script; it doesn't need to appear in setup.hint

> sdesc: "TCP Wrappers"

You don't need to put the name into the descriptions anymore; setup.exe
will automatically add the name.  I would suggest

sdesc: "Tool to provide host based access restrictions in tcp services"
ldesc: "With this package you can monitor and filter incoming requests
for the
SYSTAT, FINGER, FTP, TELNET, RLOGIN, RSH, EXEC, TFTP, TALK, and other
network services.

The package provides tiny daemon wrapper programs that can be installed
without any changes to existing software or to existing configuration
files.  The wrappers report the name of the client host and of the
requested service; the wrappers do not exchange information with the
client or server applications, and impose no overhead on the actual
conversation between the client and server applications."

> ldesc: "TCP Wrappers: Tool to provide host based access restrictions to tcp
> base
> d services"
> skip:
> curr: 7.6
> prev:
> test:

You don't need to specify these at all.  The upset script will figure it
out and put "the right thing" into setup.ini.  You only need to specify
these manually within setup.hint if the upset parser gets it wrong.

> category:
> requires:

category: Net
requires: cygwin

> Does what I have look right, and what category should I put this into?  I
> don't think this requires much beyond cygwin.  Going to look at the setup.ini
> to see if there are other requirements that make sense.
>
> Feedback appreciated.

--Chuck