Re: new policy for packages

 Robert,

2002-01-11 11:35:51, du schriebst:

> I want to suggest that the following become policy:

> No new packages are accepted that require non-packaged prerequisites.
[...]
> Thoughts?

Runtime only prerequisites?

e.g. in rpm-4 there are db sources included in the source package which
are statically linked in.

I think this is really obvious.  If I want to include a package which
needs a dynamic version of db and the people are not able to fetch an
official port then I will go on and build this needed db too.

But to avoid discussions it should be mentioned at the guidelines.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=