Re: setup.hint

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:35:24AM -0000, Morrison, John wrote:
> I just thought, when I'd had a question about the maintence of
> X it would be nice to personally address the person (even if
> the email goes to the list...)

That's what I'm trying to avoid all the time.  I don't want
to get always two message of the same content, just because
I'm Cc'd.  What sense is in that?

> BTW, what are the good reasons you can see for a list of
> maintainer => package relationships?

For one, I don't know the maintainers of all our packages. ;-)
For the team of maintainers it would exactly have the purpose
of your setup.hint suggestion has but w/o being public.

Red Hat, Inc.