Re: Contribution Package Proposal: JASSPA's MicroEmacs

I believe the commercial restrictions are problematic.  If we're going
to include an emacs, I'd prefer one that is completely free (speech)
like FSF Emacs or XEmacs.

However, with the soon-to-be-released features in setup.exe, there's no
reason why Jon can't provide a "cygwin-friendly" download site (complete
with his own setup.ini) -- folks could then explicitly add his download
site to their own list, and the new setup will present a merged view of
available packages.

That is, folks who want JASSPA's MicroEmacs could get it via setup.exe,
but it doesn't need to be distributed via the cygwin mirror system.

--Chuck