Re: curl, libcurl, libcomprex, leakbug (was:Re: Packaging cURL for cygwin distribution ???)

Robert Collins wrote:

> The -x is the binary API compatability index. See the libtool
> documentation.

Actually, I don't think the libtool docs explain DLL versioning on
windows (the 'c - a' thing).  They DO explain about libtool's versioning
scheme on UNIX, and if you read that and think about it hard enough you
can synthesize the 'c - a' thing, and convince yourself that 'c - a'
represents a "binary API compabitibility index" AND that DLLs on windows
should be named USING that index, but it ain't obvious.

I posted an explanation of the 'c - a' thing -- in this very thread --
on Oct 12.

--Chuck