Re: RFP: joe-2.9.7

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hallo Cygwinners,
>
> I want to contribute joe to the netrelease of Cygwin.
> I build it and have a copy uploaded to my site:
> http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/joe/
>
> One question remains, joe is linked against libncurses.a,
> which is the right package now to list in the 'requires:' section
> of setup.hint?

You linked *statically*?  If so, then you only need to "require:"
terminfo (runtime). Buildtime dependencies are ncurses and terminfo.
However, it hasn't yet been decided whether the "requires:" line should
list runtime or buildtime dependencies.  I've been going with buildtime.

If you were to build dynamically, then you need to add 'libncurses6' to
both runtime and buildtime dependency lists.

--Chuck

--Chuck