Re: Remove cinstall src directory from snapshots

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 07:03:11PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

I thought of that but then I'd have to release a version of cygwin sources
with winsup/utils that  had no relationship to the net release.  Maybe that's
not a problem.  You don't think we'd have people trying to build cygwin itself
from these sources?

In the RPM world, there would be one set of sources which produced two
different binary RPMs, however, the binaries would be in lock step like they
currently are wrt cygwin1.dll and all of the cygwin utils.

>> I know that Robert has a plan for this but maybe this is as simple as
>> just including a tar ball next to setup.exe at sources.redhat.com.
>
>That sounds fine to me. Or a link to the CVS page and a note there that
>cinstall is the setup.exe sources.
>
>IIRC the GPL doesn't prevent CVS being the distribution method as long
>as its under the distributors control.

Right.  I think that we'd have to tag each release, though, just to be
nice.

Sounds good to me.