Re: RFP (request for package) GNU indent

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Cc: <cygwin-apps@sources.redhat.com>; "Gareth Pearce"
<tilps@hotmail.com>; "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: RFP (request for package) GNU indent

> "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
>

> > BTW, I don't mind if you pick not my package but the one of Gareth
instead.

> The real question is, who is gonna maintain the package, you or
Gareth?

Right on, Chuck. This is the absolutely most important question. As a
group we can get any package to install well.

Gerrit, Gareth, are you both willing to be _maintainers_ of the package,
feed patchs (if ever needed) back to the FSF, and create new packages in
a reasonable time period when the FSF update indent?

If you both are, flip a coin or something. I really don't care who is
the maintainer. Discuss it privately. Get back to the list with an
answer.

Until then I'm not going to waste time looking at either set of
tarballs.

Rob