Re: Move zlib up one level?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: Move zlib up one level?

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 03:37:26PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

Not directly or immediately. And certainly any changes I do suggest will
be done in a backward compatible fashion..

There are some things I believe we should be able to do with
/etc/setup...
1) Detect cross-package conflicts. Say foo and bar both contain
/usr/bin/ld.exe.
2) The lst files are currently gz' files, I think it would be good to
change to using bz2 in the future.

Doing the 1st one really requires a more database orientated approach --
long term of course.

> Also, since I wrote most (all?) of what I'm pulling out, I felt pretty
> comfortable with it...

Oh, sure :}. I wasn't meaning you weren't capable, just that having the
same code in two places is bad because of the capability for skew.

Rob