From: "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth@MarathonOil.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 1:54 AM
Subject: RE: .libs issue with cURL

> Maybe you can use the 'heavily' patched libtool from Chucks
> site? ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/\
> Wilson_Charles_S/robert-collins/contrib/libtool/

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and it still didn't work.

> It seems to be s.th. like a 'bug'? Have you also asked the libtool
> folks?

I was having a bit of trouble knowing if this was a libtool problem,
or an automake problem, etc... But I did just go check the libtool
mailing list, and sure'nough, there was a recently submitted patch
that fixed my problem. For the record, it's at:

 http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2001-September/005549.html

Thanks,
--Kevin