From: "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth@MarathonOil.com>
To: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>; "Corinna Vinschen"
<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 6:27 AM
Subject: RE: cURL packaging progress

Considering it appears I was BCc'd (and the list wasn't copied), I'm
responding just to you two.

I believe curl will be completely cygwin compliant (with all necessary
readme's, etc) as it is distributed from curl.haxx.se. For this reason,
I could do one of two things for submitting source tarballs to cygwin
(once curl is accepted as an official package):

1: submit in original form (meaning it will unpack as curl-7.9.1),
although
   we could easily change the name of the tar file to match.

2: download, untar, 'mv curl-7.9.1 curl-7.9.1-1', retar. This sounds
like
   more work, considering I would "typically" never expect to make any
   cygwin releases that didn't correspond to new curl releases. In other
   words, in most cases there will never be a curl-7.9.1-2.

I'm guessing #2 is your preference, however I'm just wondering if you're
open to accepting #1 in this case (obviously if there WERE a need to
release an interim cygwin version, it would then have to be named
appropriately and repackaged...)

--Kevin