Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 12:47:31PM +1000, Travis Howell wrote:
> [...]

Ok, this game is getting rather tiring.

*I* did not install the patch.  As I said "These days, my binutils
releases are fairly standard".  That means that I just grab the
latest version of binutils from CVS, build it, do some rudimentary
testing, and release it.  I do monitor the binutils mailing list
and, when I see a cygwin-specific change I try to make sure that it
is mentioned when I make the release.  That's what I did in this case.

Paul is a smart person and has contributed patches to binutils.  They
are probably normally added by the binutils PE maintainer -- DJ Delorie
(dj@redhat.com).  They are not added by me.

I hope that Paul's auto-import and other patches make it into the
binutils distribution.  I don't have any power over that project.
Perhaps you should lobby them.

In any event, most of this discussion is pointless.  Even if you found
out that I had dinner with Paul on June 28 at 6:30PM, we both
smoked cigars afterwards, and decided to include all of his patches
in the next release of binutils, the patches are not there now.  So,
let's move on.

It's possible that I might be convinced to include Paul's patches in the
next binutils release if they are not incorporated into the official
release.  However, I would rather use the official CVS release, if
possible.