Re: patch to add --dep to cygrunsrv

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > Cool.  This should probably go in the /usr/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README file.
> > *I'd* read it.
>
> Uhm, there are three tiffs, probably.
>
> - it has to be implemented first of course,

1) logger exists (inetutils/syslog/syslog.c) but you have to specify a
priority level or it won't write into the appl log:

logger -p [info|warn|error] -t <svc_name>
 <lines on stdin copied to appl log>

Side issue: "The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( svc_name )
could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
svc_name : test message"

I remember some discussion about cleaning this ugliness up?  Something
about a per-daemon message table or a generic cygwin message table?
Anybody remember this?

2) so cygrunsrc has to be able to open a pipe?

> - there's no such file like a cygrunsrv.README and

Oh.  I thought there was.  Sorry.

> - I assume you mean "*I'd* write it" instead of "*I'd* read it", isn't it?

Well, no -- since I thought it already existed.  I was referring to the
opt-repeated complaint that folks don't read the provided
documentation.  *I'd* read it even if nobody else ever did...

But, since the specified file doesn't exist, I'll try to whip something
up tonight if you need it.

--Chuck