Re: gcc/ansi question

> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Is there anything like a strict-ansi option?

Yes, I seem I remember that it was /Za.  It wasn't very usefull,
because you can only write pure ISO-C programs with that, no Windows
API, no networking, no nothing, only <stdio.h> and friends.

"Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:
> A grep in the include directory of VC shows lots of hits for ALL of
> the following:
>
> _WINNT
> WINNT
> _WIN32
> WIN32

But WINNT and WIN32 are not used in the ISO-C standard headers (at
least not in my copy of VC++ 5.0 here).  You can't expect a
"strict-ansi" mode from Windows OS headers, they rely on VC++
extensions anyway.

so long, benny
--
ISION Internet AG