Re: GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.

 > On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 02:04:23PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
 > >I've just successfully completed building a Cygwin native cross build
 > >environment for --target=mingw32.  While I'm cleaning up the code
 > >modifications I would like to ask if we should consider deprecating
 > >the -mno-cygwin switch in favor of the cross environment?

Not remembering precisely how cross-compiler installations are layed out in
the file system, but could a possible alternative be to have symbollic
links such as:

ln -s /usr/bin/gcc /usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-gcc.exe

And all the rest that you normally have, and when GCC/G++ or whatever
binutil sees this, it implicitly adds the -mno-cygwin switch?

That would take care of the configure --target=mingw32 stuff for you
without needing to install a whole other set of binaries and toolchains.

There's probably a whole lot of cons with this that I'm not aware of (not
having used cross-compilers a great deal) but thought I'd offer it as a
suggestion.

E.