rsync cygwin port request

I've been using rsync (with ssh) on Linux for backup of data to another
servers harddrive. It's running great and I can't figure out why rsync isn't
more widely adapted - except perhaps due to the limited "support" for a
windows version - and perhaps due to the lack of a GUI :o)

I've found some binaries on Internet, but either they are using an old
version of cygwin.dll or it's an old version of rsync or ...

Could anyone please help on this ?

Is it hard to port rsync ? (it isn't listed on the "Additional packages that
can be built" page, http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ported.html) Anyone
with a step-by-step guide on compiling rsync using cygwin ? ... hints,
suggestions etc are very welcomed!

Thanks in advance

Michael