This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl-5.6.0 ready for test! (IMPORTANT READ THIS MESSAGE ON MAINTAINER STATUS!)
- To: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: perl-5.6.0 ready for test! (IMPORTANT READ THIS MESSAGE ON MAINTAINER STATUS!)
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:42:28 -0400
- References: <8600BF007197944F8DD3906E40CB428005D83C@itdomain001.itdomain.net.au>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:39:46AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>The set of mailing lists sounds almost like a set of FAQ's - maintained
>by one person per FAQ...
>Perhaps a set of FAQ's and a matching set of mail alias's
>ie PERL-CYGWIN FAQ hanging off the existing FAQ at the index, and
>email@example.com - goes to the perl maintainer, and they
>/dev/null or update the FAQ as appropriate.
>I think separating support for the application issues from the "kernel"
>or portability layer is a very good idea.
Hmm. I like this! We could even set up FAQ-O-MATIC on the cygwin web pages.