This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
libtool-1.3.5 ready for test!
- To: "cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: libtool-1.3.5 ready for test!
- From: "Michael Ring" <Michael dot Ring at t-mobil dot de> (Tel +49 228/936-2621)
- Date: 22 Aug 2000 09:47:10 +0000
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Discarded-X400-MTS-Extensions: (43) (12) (2) (135) (115) (5) (6) (3)
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: (1) (0) (10021) (7) (1) (0) (6), (1) (0) (10021) (7) (1) (0) (1)
- X400-Content-Identifier: E3556IPM2IXYC
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 (22)
- X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;F2BD83BE11D4782100AA92BB]
- X400-Originator: Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de
- X400-Received: by mta MB400-dxcast in /PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;Relayed ; 22 Aug 2000 09:47:10 +0000
- X400-Received: by mta MB400-DXCW06 in /PRMD=DTM/ADMD=DBP/C=DE/;Relayed ; 22 Aug 2000 09:47:10 +0000
- X400-Recipients: firstname.lastname@example.org (Physical Forwarding Address Requested)
libtool is a GNU package to automate the process of creating shared libraries
This is the initial port of libtool based on 1.1.4 version of the cygwin dll.
This package was provided as a support-tool for the rpm-package that was also
full support for the standard cygwin-packaging scheme will be added in the next
release, right now /usr/doc/<package>-<version> documentation is supported in
the binary tar.gz, support for the /usr/doc/cygwin directory cygwin-specific
documentation) will be added soon
The package is now available for testing at
Building requires gcc-2.95.2-2 and binutils-20000722-1 or later.
o this version is distributed on a 'good enough to do the job' basis. The true
power of libtool is to automate the process of creating .so files. In the cygwin
world this would mean that it automates the process of creating .dll files which
it does not (yet) do. rpm requires libtool for its automatic configure features,
this task is 100% supported by this package.
o if someone is willing to add 'real' dll support in libtool I will be more than
happy to step back and let this person maintain the package
o cygwin-specific doc /usr/doc/Cygwin/automake-1.4-1.README missing at this
point (will soon be there)
o generic docs in /usr/doc/automake-1.4/*
o source archive distributed as original source and patch-file; standard src-tar
file will follow
o cygwin-specific README and PATCH are soon stored in the source archive, under
<top>/CYGWIN-PATCHES/* (although the patch has already been applied to the
Maintainer needed, if nobody volunteers I will maintain the package in it's
current (limited) version
When tested this package should go to the contib directory
Comments and test reports welcome!