Re: vim-5.7-2 (Bugfix-version) available for testing

Chris Faylor wrote:
> Doesn't this just revert to one fopen() somewhere?  I don't see how my
> recent changes help the problem.

IMO, your new binmode/textmode stuff is the better solution
since it allows to use the application without changing
the sources.

Another problem when forcing textmode is the usage of "rt"
in fopen calls. While "rb" is covered by ANSI, "rt" is only
available on WinDOS systems. This alone wouldn't bother me
but this is one reason that my latest OpenSSH patch wasn't
accepted by the OpenSSH crew.

We should think about things like that.

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer