Re: Shared vs Static [WAS: Re: [general] some ideas & request for comments (LONG)]

This is my two cents on naming.

First I've never really liked the fact that the library names don't reflect
whether they are static or import dll libs.  So, here is my suggestion for
naming.

If the library is an import library to a dll just name it libfoo.dll.a and if
it is a static library then name it libfoo.a.  I don't like libfoo.so or
libfoo.so.a or libfoo.dll.so because the so library is the dynamic library and
not the import library.

Cheers,

=====
---