This is the mail archive of the cygwin-announce mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Updated: Cygwin 2.4.1-1

Hi Cygwin friends and users,

I released another version of Cygwin.  The version number is 2.4.1-1.

This is a minor bugfix release, mainly to fix the problem with cygpath
under WOW64, see below.  For the major changes introduce with 2.4.0
I'd like to refer to the respective release message at
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-01/msg00018.html

Bug Fixes
---------

- The cygpath(1) patch to correct the case of system directories when
  returned as POSIX paths didn't work correctly for the SYSTEMROOT
  directory on 32 bit Cygwin running on 64 bit Windows.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-01/msg00257.html

- cygwin_login_user(2): Don't fail if the calling user has no TCB privileges
  and the user account to create the token for is an admin account.  Return
  the UAC-restricted token instead.
  Addresses: Reported on IRC.

Have fun,
Corinna