This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[1.7] Updated: p7zip-4.65-10
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 23:23:32 -0400
- Subject: [1.7] Updated: p7zip-4.65-10
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
p7zip is the Unix port of 7-Zip, a file archiver
that archives with very high compression ratios.
p7zip provides /usr/bin/7zr, a standalone minimal
version of the 7-zip tool that only handles 7z archives.
It also provides /usr/bin/7za, a statically-linked
application that supports packing and unpacking 7z,
zip, gzip, bzip2, and tar archives. Additionally, it
provides /usr/bin/7z, a module-based application that
supports the full set of 7-zip compression formats:
pack/unpack: 7z, zip, gzip, bzip2, tar
unpacking: arj, cab, chm, cpio, deb, dmg, hfs, iso,
lzh, lzma, msi, nsis, rpm, udf, wim, xar,
The modules used by 7z are located in /usr/lib/p7zip/.
RAR unpacking support is NOT provided, as the UnRAR license
not OSI-approved and is incompatible with cygwin. You are
free to download the source package and rebuild p7zip *for
your own personal use* as long as you do not distribute the
resulting binary, if you need RAR unpacking support.
[[ compiled using gcc-3.4.4-999 and g++-3.4.4-999 ]]
This is the first release specific for cygwin-1.7; there are
only trivial differences between this package and the
simultaneously-released p7zip-4.65-1 for cygwin-1.5. These
are mostly documentation related (the README references
cygport-0.9.5 and cygwin-1.7.0-44, and the /usr/share/doc/
layout is influenced by the cygport changes between 0.4.x
CHANGES (since 4.57-1)
* fork for cygwin-1.7 development
* update to latest release
* update to latest debian patchset
01_makefile.patch : don't compile non-free RAR code
02_man.patch : format corrections for nroff
03_respect-umask-partial.diff : derived from 4.57 patchset
* upstream 4.61 added a GUI for KDE. This package does not
provide that program.
* Upstream changes:
- Many bug fixes
- Can now unpack .lzma archives (not .xz)
- Now supports LZMA compression for .ZIP archives
- Can now unpack .ZIP archives encrypted with PKWARE-AES
- Unicode (UTF-8) support for filenames inside .ZIP archives
(not tested on cygwin)
- Can now unpack UDF, XAR, and DMG/HFS archives
volunteer p7zip maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is
available starting at this URL.