NEW: mingw-bzip2-1.0.2-6

I've made a new package available on sourceware: mingw-bzip2 and mingw-libbz2_1 contain the bzip2 distribution compiled using 'gcc -mno-cygwin' and installed into /usr/include/mingw/ and /usr/lib/mingw.

It includes:

usr/bin/mgwbz2_1.dll

and

usr/include/mingw/bzlib.h
usr/lib/mingw/libbz2.a
usr/lib/mingw/libbz2.dll.a

and documentation. (Note that the dll is named 'mgwbz2_1.dll' to prevent conflicts with 'cygbz2_1.dll')

The idea is for this library to be used by binaries that are part of the cygwin distribution, but which cannot use the cygwin kernel services -- such as setup.exe or cygcheck.exe, among others.

I'd bet that most of those applications would probably want to link directly to libbz2.a or use 'ld .... -Bstatic -lbz2 -Bdynamic' rather than link to dynamically, but we'll play that by ear.

--
Chuck

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: