Updated: Nano 1.2.0

Hi,

Welcome to another release of the Nano package, the pico clone with many extensions, all while remaining very small indeed. (For those a little lost at this point, its a text editor, reasonably powerful given its size and ease of use)

This is the first release of the stable 1.2 branch - and the majority of changes since 1.1.10 are bug fixes.
However, new things I noted while packaging it up included:
- 3 new translations
- a nanorc man file

Also worth noting is the colour syntax highlighting is still not gauranteed to make you happy (not many things are!), but the developers are much more confident in it now. I still recommend any issues with this feature be directed first to the nano developer mailing list.

Finally, I have no reason to believe that this program will function properly without your cygwin enviroment variable being set to include "tty" - please consult the cygwin users guide for details on how to do so. If you have issues with Ctrl-C or any other ctrl character combination, this is the place to start - before coming to the cygwin mailing list.

Regards,
Gareth - cygwin nano packager, hopes you pretend the hotmail tag isn't there...

NSTALLATION:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system. Then, run setup and update the nano package.

You will need to find a mirror which has this update.

In the US,
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.

In the UK,
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.

If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin mailing list at: cygwin at cygwin dot com . I would appreciate if you would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list is the appropriate place.

*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain dot com at cygwin dot com

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones.?Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp